Mobile Music Studio Remixing App Features Five Jackson 5 Favorites:
ABC, Dancing Machine, I Want You Back, Mama’s Pearl and The Love You Save
Austin, TX -SXSW Music Conference-March 19, 2010 -Easy as 1-2-3 -Starting today, Jackson 5 fans can remix five multi-platinum Jackson 5 songs and win over $6,000 in prizes. Universal Music Enterprises and EMI Publishing teamed up with ZOOZ Mobile, Inc., developers of the first mobile music studio, to launch ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix for Apple iPhone and iPod Touch users. ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix -the second in a series of custom branded ZOOZbeat music apps -features five Jackson 5 signature songs that helped sell more than 250 million albums worldwide in 40 years: “Dancing Machine,” “ABC,” “I Want You Back,” “Mama’s Pearl” and “The Love You Save.” ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix transforms the Apple iPhone or iPod Touch into a mobile music studio, enabling anyone -with or without music training -to remix and re-create their own tracks with beats and samples from pop sensation Jackson 5 featuring Michael Jackson and brothers Jermaine, Jackie, Tito and Marlon.
“The Jackson 5 international phenomenon started with their first four major label singles on Motown all reaching #1 on the pop charts and the next three years every single they released made the Billboard Top 20,” said ZOOZ Mobile CEO & President Scott Geller. “Now, the Jackson 5 will help change how fans experience the Jackson 5 music; by enabling their fans to actively participate in remixing the Jackson 5 music. The new ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix app gives a whole new generation of fans a way to express themselves musically and connect with the Jackson 5 in a personal, interactive music experience.”
“The Jackson 5’s phenomenal catalog of songs remains as relevant today as it ever was, and we’re delighted that fans will now have this exciting opportunity to enjoy their music and interact with it in a wholly new way,” commented Eric Shaw, VP of Music Resources at EMI Music Publishing.
The ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix iPhone app works by shaking, tilting or tapping the iPhone screen to create and combine Michael Jackson’s amazing isolated vocals with funky rhythmic tracks, and soulful harmonies that can then be uploaded to the web for listening on ZOOZbeat.com and sharing with friends via Twitter, Facebook, and other social media. ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix is accessible to the visually impaired using Apple’s VoiceOver feature (available on the iPhone 3GS).
“ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix iPhone app is also the next generation of ZOOZbeat,” says ZOOZ Mobile Founder and Chief Technology Officer Dr. Gil Weinberg. “As easy as ZOOZbeat 4.0 already is for anyone to remix music regardless of musical ability, ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix has new ways to make learning how to remix music easier. First, we added a step by step tutorial to show different ways the Jackson 5 beats can be remixed;, we also made the music recreation experience more intuitive and richer -including adding more loops and longer samples from the original Jackson 5 songs as well as reverb, filters and other music remixing tools.”
The ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix app ($4.99) is available for sale today, March 19th, in the Apple iTunes App Store.
Over $6,000 in prizes available to contest winners.
ZOOZbeat Musicians will have until May 1st to submit their contest entries, and voting will be open until June 1st on the ZOOZbeat.com website. Winners will be announced by July 1st, 2010. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a check for $1,500, a Jackson 5 “hoodie” sweatshirt, t-shirt and tote bag, and a premium 3-CD Michael Jackson Hello World: The Motown Solo Collection, three (3) Second Prize Winners will receive $250 checks and a Jackson 5 “hoodie” sweatshirt, t-shirt and tote bag; and thirty (30) Honorable Mention Prize Winners will receive a Jackson 5 “hoodie” sweatshirt, t-shirt and tote bag. Cash prizes courtesy of Zooz Mobile, apparel prizes courtesy of Swagger Like Us, and Michael Jackson CD collection courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises. Please see www.zoozbeat.com for contest rules and eligibility.
Featuring Five Jackson 5 Favorites:
- “I Want You Back” -sold 6+ million copies worldwide; the song was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999. It was number one on Billboard Magazine’s Hot 100 single chart for the week ending January 31, 1970. Motown Records historian Don Waller called the song, “probably the best pop record every made.”
- “ABC” -knocked The Beatles song, “Let It Be,” out of the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1970. It was on the Billboard Magazine Soul chart for four weeks. “ABC” and “I Want You Back” are among The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.
- “Dancing Machine” -sold 3+ million records and received a Grammy nomination in 1975 for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals. The song popularized the physically complicated robot dance technique (devised by Charles Washington) and immortalized by Michael Jackson.
- “Mama’s Pearl” -it was one of six consecutive top 5 singles for the Jackson 5; reaching number two on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.
- “The Love You Save” -held the number one position on the Billboard Hot 100 single chart for two weeks in 1970; replacing “The Long and Winding Road” by The Beatles.
- Additional Jackson 5 Songs -Later in 2010, Universal Music Enterprises and ZOOZ Mobile will offer additional Jackson 5 songs within the ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix in-App Store and at ZOOZbeat.com.
ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix is the second strategic alliance between ZOOZ Mobile and a major entertainment brand since it launched the new ZOOZbeat app in October 2009. ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 follows the December release of ZOOZbeat Sprite®: the first iPhone app to be offered through Sprite’s ongoing ‘Under the Cap’ promotion where people enter Sprite cap codes via text message to unlock Artist beats from Dallas Austin, Khayree, Alex Christie, Sy Scott, Novel, Sheed, Laron Brant and Spree Wilson.
ZOOZbeat 4.0 features Artist beats from: Too $hort, Easy Star All-Stars, Kutiman, Richard Devine, Street Lotto, and Cato. ZOOZ Mobile is in negotiations with major and indie labels to provide beats from more artists as well as exploring other potential ZOOZbeat custom branded apps.
Various versions of ZOOZbeat have been downloaded more than 1.4 million times since its initial launch on the Apple iTunes App Store. For more information about ZOOZbeat Jackson 5 Remix, visit www.ZOOZbeat.com.